marahfreedom

8 Articles on Structural Problems in Malaysia : Wealth distribution problems, Unthinking voters, Allegories on racism, Journo Duplicity-fear, Selective fingering of corruption, South Africa’s ‘Righteous Minority Affirmative Action’ (unlike Malaysia Affirmative Action for the Majority . . . wtf???), Selective criticism ignoring nepotism, Mob mentality afflicted politicians from another era – reposted by @AgreeToDisagree – 8th february 2012

In Apartheid, Bumiputera Apartheid, corruption, critical discourse, democratisation, media traps, media tricks, Plutocracy, politics, Wealth distribution on February 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm

=ARTICLE 1

Rising social inequality in Malaysia — Toh Kin Woon

MARCH 20 — Recently, Malaysia’s mainstream media carried prominently news about Malaysia’s 40 richest businessmen or tycoons. A few among them count as among the richest in Asia, with wealth running in the billions of US dollars.

But I don’t consider having a few billionaires as an indicator of successful economic development. On the contrary, I feel that there is a defect in our country’s developmental record.

The nurturing of several billionaires is one indicator of a heavy concentration of wealth and income in the hands of a few. Little wonder the gap between the richest five per cent of households and the bottom 40 per cent is getting wider. Malaysia’s Gini coefficient, which is a crude measure of income inequality, is among the highest in Asia.

Despite rising inequality, there seems little concern about it. Except for a few, policy makers, politicians, especially from the Barisan Nasional, and even the public at large give hardly any attention to such social injustice and its negative ramifications.

They may be concerned about the incidence of absolute poverty. Even the rich and powerful would be put off by the sight of poverty, such as dilapidated housing, hunger, disease and sickness, and would support state programmes to eradicate poverty.

It is a different matter, however, when it comes to calls for a redistribution of income and wealth through state intervention. The relatively well off, including even the middle class and state elites, are hardly enthusiastic about creating a more egalitarian society. They will not, for example, support high direct taxes to finance state provision of health care, an efficient and cheap public transport system, and welfare payments to the poor and aged. They want low taxes, a small public sector, and more reliance on private initiatives to provide social goods.

Many years ago, when I was studying for my MA in development economics in a British university, I learnt that it is always important to ask the key question as to who in society is benefiting from growth. This, unfortunately, is not much asked these days. Instead, the obsession is only with growth.

Until today, I am still troubled by this question. I want to see the realisation of a more egalitarian Malaysian society, in which all citizens lead dignified lives. Hence, I would like the government to adopt measures that can close the gap between the rich and poor.

Rather than having a few billionaires, I would rather have a society where there the bulk of society are members of the middle class. Egalitarianism is a goal we should all strive for. — Aliran

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

Aliran is one of few voices far ahead in the future. Existing wealth paradigms are not working. Existing wealth distribution paradigms are complete failures. Readers also pls. read the below group to see how far this amassment of wealth has gone without control, time for a Bolshevik/French revolution against the Plutocrat Crypto-Monarchs? But let us replace the Political Crypto-Monarchs with NORMAL people first so we can educate the masses on – “The Equal Right of All Men to the Wealth of the World” (Utopian eh? Welcome to the future of mankind . . . ) :

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=36665503866

;and to think Malaysia can’t even achieve :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

Wanna see a better world without the likes of Singapore by GE13? Lets give the world an example they will never forget, out of Singapore, via the 13 point plan . . .

 

 

ARTICLE 2

The immovable 10pc – Praba Ganesan – Praba Ganesan – 18 Mac 2010

MARCH 18 — The math does not work, does it? There is this obsolete, cruel and more importantly crude government, and despite its single-minded intention to self-destruct, it stays in power.

Malaysia is an anathema to all countries in our wealth, infrastructure and education group. We are close to being unexplainable. The government has tried to be more obsolete, crueller and cruder in the past two years, yet it is not met with any further rejection. Why?

The answer lies in the vote-base securing power for the Barisan Nasional (BN) — the immovable 10 per cent.

In the general, you have your traditional BN supporters, those who are immune to critique and sworn to the perpetuation of the present system, irrespective of its pending collapse. I have several family members and close friends in it, and they want to walk that path indefinitely.

At the other end, the non-BN guys. Those equally sworn to the end of BN rule and have stayed that course through all reincarnations of opposition — Independence of Malaysia Party, The Socialist Front, Gagasan Rakyat, Barisan Alternatif and now Pakatan Rakyat.

I’ve less family members and close friends in that side of the pitch. But in the last three years, the spike in support for them guarantees irrespective of how much longer BN stays in power it will always be confronted by a sizeable opponent, not a token one anymore. A true nemesis, not a kid with a wooden bat.

Which leads to the — equally divided between the ever-effervescent and extremely dull — undecided voters. The ones deciding whether BN wins by a landslide or if PAS or DAP rotate leadership of a bigger than small Opposition MP total in Parliament. In 2008 they turned their backs on BN.

However, that does not change the Federal government

You need the real king-makers, the immovable 10 per cent. Let me tell you about them.

The group has one characteristic, they vote BN even if they personally don’t have that much love for the ruling coalition. They vote BN because despite everything life in Malaysia is ok for them. That’s it. Life is ok. There are no sexy reasons, just an extremely cautious and cynical outlook to life. (Hey, blame it on our Asian genes.)

They keep BN in power, and help them stay there.

The number 10 is arbitrary, mostly guesswork — to show them being substantial, while being small enough to be an under-serviced group. The group is disparate and they don’t have an active effort to gather themselves under an umbrella. There is no “We really, really don’t care that much for the BN, but we vote for them all the time Club”.

It is important to know them, so that the arguments made to them apply to them, and have a chance to convince them.

What do they want? They want good. They want the good without having to endure any growing pains. This is where they falsely associate the BN government as the purveyor of reasonable good, because they have been in the power position infinitum.

They are willing to settle for good not coming through, as long as bad (for them) does not rise.

So much of what the BN decides, launches or offends does not irk them.

They’ll politely listen to you when you repeat your rehearsed lines about the mystery surrounding the death of a model or in a lock-up or at the bottom of a government building. They’ll nod away when you express your disdain with human rights openly abused and elections lacking the honesty one must surely wish for. They’ll buy you drinks when you admonish the nepotism, the xenophobia and the denigration of the human spirit. You’ll almost go blue exasperated about the brain drain, and they’ll comfort you with an arm over you while the other hand strokes the “green card” tucked inside their wallet.

Moral imperatives are not going to win their votes.

They are not interested in the process which the good prevails or develops from, they just want good.

Who are they? Some of the commentators in this website. The middle manager who needs his firm to be stable as he makes his career surge. The sub-contractor who hates the system, but has a life made from him compromising himself and the system. The school teacher who thinks all governments are inherently flawed which is a fair reason to back this one.

They are all around us. Your voting record (or lack thereof) will tell you if you are one of them.

My own personal favourite is my batch-mate — the good doctor in Putrajaya. He is cynical of everything, and builds his reputation on just being disagreeable and cocky about his intellect. You should see him justifying bad government, it is the closest as you will get to see a square peg being forcibly but successfully pressed into a round hole.

When you have made your mind, and possess a decent intellect you can always justify your world-view.

Ferdinand Marcos, Mobutu Sese Seko, Nicolae Ceausescu and Robert Mugabe are all frowned upon today, but in the heights of their power the very people who turned their backs on them were cheering them in stadiums and long parades.

The “immovable 10 per cent” will in a distant future disassociate their support for historically denounced characters. Which is why I try to commit to memory all my friends who are “Facebook fans” of a certain former prime minister.

So you see, now you can understand why the BN can and has made decisions that make your blood boil, but which do not ruffle them. They only care about appeasing their supporters, and keeping a portion of the undecided. The ‘immovable 10 per cent’ will find their own way to crossing the name of the BN candidate.

I’ll meet my quiz-mate in two hours, and he’ll run through for me all the nasty things the government is up to, mostly what was carried by The Malaysian Insider. As usual I’ll smile and tell him, the government does not care for him, since they can’t lose his vote twice in any given election.

I will tell him, as I tell my readers if you want the change you desire, identify those around you who are. If you bother to let listen and not moralise, they will share with you their misgivings about a life without BN. Listen and engage on their terms.

Don’t pour facts down their throats, you’ll only make them withdraw into their shells. Don’t force a responsibility they have never felt for others. Don’t insist they change, because it suits you.

You never win them in the conversation. You only have a chance if they consider the conversation long after it has ended.

That they realise as Edmund Burke put it: “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

And maybe you can start by putting that as a bumper sticker on your car.

* The views expressed here are the personal opinion of the columnist.

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

They forgot to mention dr.Evil’s beer company kid, that is too haram to close an eye to Syariah Court inaction . . . AND because of the glaringly obvious NEPOTISM which is intolerable in the ruling party, the vote would inevitably favour DSAI. As for the wrongs of many things that also happened under DSAI’s watch, let us say that if not for his intent to reform, we would never be able to unravel what happened. DSAI is the way forward, even though he is linked to the past. Allah has deemed it suitable that he lose favour with dr.Evil so that Malaysia would be cleansed. Dare any Malaysian deny that things are better because of what happened and because DSAI is still around to correct them? Also :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

And with the 13 point plan in place, re-assimilation of Singapore as well.

 

 

ARTICLE 3

Mass sleepwalking — Tay Tian Yan

MARCH 2 – 2010 — Seventy-six Malay civil organisations joined hands to form the “Malay NGO Consultative Council,” vowing to defend the rights of Malays and Muslims.

I rushed to check the calendar to make sure it was not March 1, 1946.

Indeed so!

If this took place in 1946, I would say it was understandable and logical.

Six decades ago, the British issued the open-minded and fair “Malayan Union” decree, but it raised alarm among the Malays.

They were worried about the status of the Malays as well as their religion. As a consequence, Malay organisations were mobilised to “defend the rights of Malays and Muslims.”

But this is 2010! I wonder whether we have been transported back in time to those good old days?

The colonists left long ago, and the Alliance and Barisan Nasional have been in firm control of this country for the following half century, while the New Economic Policy has been in place for four decades…

The Malays have the power, status, achievements, and the numbers!

What else is there to defend?

Can you imagine the Whites in America rising up to “defend the rights of the Whites” and counter the Native Americans who have questioned their rights?

Or the NGOs in China unite to “defend the rights of the Hans” from the oppression of Tibetans and Uighurs?

It is said that the Whites in America have risen up to defend the rights of the Native Americans, while a few right-minded Hans in China have urged the government to halt the oppression against their Tibetan and Uighur brothers.

Only when our future and fate are being threatened do we actually need to rise up and defend.

Otherwise, we can only call ourselves “Quixotics” — fantasisers who perceive those around them as enemies and get contented with their own illusions.

The word is derived from “Don Quixote,” the protagonist in Miguel de Cervantes’s novel about four centuries back.

A country bumpkin, Don Qixote read a lot about the stories of knights, and found himself falling into a world of his own illusions.

One day, he picked up a rusty spear, put on an old suit of armour, and went on his adventure.

He spotted windmills, and thinking that they were ferocious giants, he attacked them.

On his death bed, Don Quixote had his senses restored. He came to the realisation that all those knight stories were anything but the truth.

Hey, hey! Perkasa, GPMS, Mubarak and the like. Are you all right? Or are you still having a mass sleepwalking?

And Cuepacs, too! Are you not an outfit for civil servants? Why don’t you go about defending the interests of civil servants instead?

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

(1) Can you imagine the Whites in America rising up to “defend the rights of the Whites” and counter the Native Americans who have questioned their rights? Or the NGOs in China unite to “defend the rights of the Hans” from the oppression of Tibetans and Uighurs?

It is said that the Whites in America have risen up to defend the rights of the Native Americans, while right-minded Hans in China have urged the government to halt the oppression against their Tibetan and Uighur brothers.

This is an issue of geo-political vs. human rights brinksmanship. Neither can let go immediately at this point. Or should both let go in stages? In either case, do note this below link’s article and the unbalanced balance of covert infiltration which requires that USA lets go first :

http://www.rense.com/general81/faeeof.htm

(2) ” But in this age of globalisation, Malaysia should position itself more as a liberal and open country, while the Malays should be adequately equipped to compete on an equal footing. ”

Partially ambiguous without specifics. Hmm, everyone equipped with the Human Rights Charter’s protections are adequate, lets not justify for or allow to justify. Lets have one on :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

” And on his death bed, Don Quixote had his senses restored. He came to the realisation that all those knight stories were anything but the truth. ”

Tit for tat? Give here that tit. And this one’s no t*at. As said, this is not for the cynical . . . when a caveman began his first fire, he was never thinking of flying to Mars. This is still nothing unbelievable, wait 50 years, maybe something will prove this point with, for the current and future item, and those familiar with Quixote would know that EQUALITY of Man reaches into the issuance of endorsement of the very Courts denied to those who have had theirs fallen.

In the past it was armed men who would fight. Now it is informed men who would endorse. What do you wish for the world? And what are you doing about it? Here’s what to do : vote for non-nepotists, non-racists and non-plutocrats (glc types etc..). Very likely, a better Malaysia will arise.

 

 

ARTICLE 4

Be tolerant — Lim Mun Fah (MySinChew) – 3 Mar 2010

MARCH 2 — If we can sincerely recognise, accept and tolerate differences, we can have a beautiful future.

Because of religious differences, we have diverse beliefs.

Because of cultural differences, we have diverse life.

Because of lingual differences, we have diverse ways of communication.

Because of educational differences, we have diverse ways of thinking.

Because of these diversities, our society is unique, vigorous and colourful.

Malaysia can actually create a rare atmosphere of diversity.

If we are willing to recognise, accept and tolerate while allowing mutual dependence among different religions, cultures, languages and educations, differences can certainly form a very unique, irreplaceable Malaysia.

Recognising, accepting and tolerating differences represent a virtue spirit of aggressiveness.

Unfortunately, such diverse characteristics that we once possessed and been proud of are now facing a variety of tangible and intangible suppression because of the rise of singularism.

Singularism tends to produce extreme acts and therefore, we can see people stirring up trouble everywhere. They use differences to create antagonism and expand confrontation into hatred.

Infinitely expanding differences and playing with racial sentiments is indeed very dangerous but it is also the cheapest and best weapon for incitement. Therefore, the growing fundamentalists are continuously playing up with racial and religious issues. They deliberately try to hurt the feelings of all races. We are outraged and at the same time worried.

We are worried as once the act of making differences a confrontation becomes a means for incitement, religious, cultural, lingual and education diversities will be suppressed. Step by step, they will be pushed towards the narrow and extreme direction. The narrow and extreme racial sentiment will bring together hatred and confrontation. It will also lead to outburst of conflicts.

Harmonious differences are beautiful and fascinating. But confronting differences is ugly and disgusting.

We need to appreciate it before we can communicate.

We need communication in order to foster understanding. And we need understanding in order to live together and complement each other.

If we are increasingly concerned about the differences among each other, we will increasingly dislike each other and can accept only those who are “exactly the same” as us. Also, misunderstanding will start growing.

Be tolerant. If we believe the experience and lesson learned from history, we can march towards “1 Malaysia”. — mysinchew.com


written by Pooh, March 02, 2010
not tolerant but acceptance because tolerance has its limit and breaking point.just accept the differences and embrace it. we were made different and there is no such thing as equality because some will be more equal than others. be fair and just. be kind and considerate.

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

Hi Lim Mun :

Kinda stilted and a platitude spewer of an article throughout but these few glaring miswordings (hopefully not intentional) can’t be ignored, one gets the impression this is not Lim Mun’s native language or Lim Mun has difficulty thinking to just simply say – EQUALITY FOR ALL CITIZENS . . .

(1) ” . . . a virtue spirit of aggressiveness . . . ” ?!? Did you mean :

1) virtuous spirit of aggressiveness???
2) spirit of virtuous aggressiveness???
3) spirited virtue of aggressiveness???
4) aggressive virtue of spirit???
5) aggressive spirit of virtue???

You can’t be extolling aggression so 1, 2, and 3 are not likely what you meant, but 4, and 5 don’t make sense either . . .

(2) Harmonious differences are beautiful and fascinating. But confronting differences is ugly and disgusting.

You are making comparisons of differences so this should better read :

” But confrontational differences are ugly and disgusting.”

(3) And we need understanding in order to live together and complement each other.

Complement? Somewhat obtuse, but fair enough . . .

(4) If we believe the experience and lesson learned from history, we can march towards “1 Malaysia”.

“If we believe the experience and lesson learned from history . . . “, Er, believe the experience of history?!? This line was either translated from mandarin and meant something totally different or the writer was just writing off the bat. Do people get paid to write like this? So shows the value of networking . . .

Hi @Pooh :

There is equality. It is just not being upheld by the some authorities, specifically Malaysian ones ib certain political factions racist or nepotistic or term limiteless. Such lethargy . . . is @Pooh saying to agree to submit to inequality?

Please address :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

 

 

ARTICLE 5

‘The most corrupt institution in the country’ — Martin Jalleh – MARCH 2 -2010 — Umno is rotten to the core; it is rotten from its lowest level to the highest.

The year 2009 began with the chairman of Umno’s disciplinary board, Tengku Ahmad Rithauddeen, proposing a radical (or desperate) solution to reduce rampant money politics in Umno — get rid of its Youth and Puteri wings! The Umno elite, Datuk Seri Najib Razak included, found the proposal ridiculous and rejected it.

Datuk Zaid Ibrahim advised Tengku Rithauddeen to retire and resign from the board since his efforts in reining in corruption in Umno had proven to be futile. Lim Kit Siang went one step further saying, as a result of Tengku Rithauddeen’s failure to weed out corruption, the whole of Umno should be uprooted altogether!

On Jan 30, 2009, a group of Umno Youth members protested against both Tengku Rithauddeen for his proposal and also the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) for its intervention in “party matters”. It rattled Tengku Rithauddeen so much that he resignedly replied: “We will do our job; MACC will do theirs.”

In March, two Umno members threatened to apply for an injunction to postpone the Umno general assembly until all allegations of money politics were investigated. They highlighted their report on the misuse of power on the (then) PM and Deputy PM and the more than 1,000 reports of graft in Umno.

Nine days before the Umno elections, the disciplinary board barred Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Mohd Ali Rustam from contesting the post of party deputy president after three of his “agents” were allegedly found guilty of being involved in money politics in the run-up to the elections.

But Ali continued as an Umno member and CM. Even Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was stumped by this: “Isa was thrown out because he was involved in money politics… he also lost his position as a minister. But here we have a very strange decision. He was found to be corrupt but he can remain as the Chief Minister…”

Khairy Jamaluddin, who was a candidate for the post of Umno Youth head, was also found “guilty” by the board, but was only given a warning. He won the post and was heckled by an Umno mob who yelled “Khairy! Rasuah!” and “Penipu!” during his acceptance speech.

Another candidate for the post of Umno Youth head, Datuk Seri Mohamad Khir Toyo, was cleared by the board of all corruption charges. People expected Khir to be found clean, or Umno would be without an opposition leader in Selangor of his calibre and he would not look good in his new role as a “champion of good governance”!

Several MBs and CMs who lost in the party elections blamed it on money politics. They claimed that delegates seemed more drawn to the “distribution of gifts” than what they had done for their states. (Only one of the MBs and CMs succeeded in securing a place on the 25-seat supreme council.)

It was also time for Pak Lah to retire. As a parting shot to the party that ended his presidency/premiership prematurely he warned that “…materialism has seeped into the party, making a number of party members greedy and avaricious, hence creating the negative perception that Umno is a corrupt party”.

When setting up his new Umno supreme council Najib sought to be “inclusive” — he included the losers in the Umno elections and whose integrity had been questioned such as Tengku Adnan Mansor (of V.K. Lingam video clip fame), Ali (money politics) and Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz (approved permits)!

In April, Najib became the PM. Many agreed with the assessment of Tengku Aziz — a former chairman of Transparency International — of Najib’s People’s Cabinet, as a team “totally uninspiring (and) of recycled political expendables, many with personal records of integrity that will not bear close scrutiny.”

Indeed, Najib’s supposed strong resolve to start afresh with his new Cabinet was in reality a successful spin by his camp for about 80 per cent of those appointed ministers were spent characters, self-seeking sycophants with stained records, or what Dr M called “unsavoury characters”.

Umno’s anti-corruption charade continued in full force. In August, Umno fielded a disbarred lawyer in the Permatang Pasir by-election. It prompted Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah to ask: “Is Umno so short of people that we have to find a lawyer disbarred for financial dishonesty to stand?”

In October, Tan Sri Mohd Isa Abdul Samad became Umno’s candidate in the Bagan Pinang by-election. Najib’s nebulous defence of the decision was that “the offence committed by Isa was not an offence under the law”. The Chief Commissioner of the MACC had in January 2009 declared categorically that “money politics is corruption”!

The DAP’s Wong Ho Leng gives an accurate implication of Isa’s win: “Isa’s win would translate into an endorsement of corruption within Umno and the government that it leads. It lays bare the fact that Umno has no better leader to win a by-election than one who has been condemned by Umno itself to have been corrupt.”

PKR’s Azmin Ali sarcastic take on Isa’s victory was that Umno does not have to do any reform nor worry about money politics anymore. They can still win anyhow!

Consider columnist M. Bakri Musa’s invaluable insight: “To Umno folks, the party has replaced Allah as the source of bounty and benevolence… Corrupt leaders are forgiven not by Allah but by the party. Isa Samad had his political corruption sentence reduced, and then he was rewarded to be the party’s election candidate. Khairy had his ‘money politics’ conviction essentially pardoned, and then blessed by being head of Umno Youth”!

The year ended with Dr M quoting in his blog a former senior Umno leader’s lamentation: “Umno is rotten to the core. It is rotten from its lowest level to the highest. What’s left are remnants of people with self-interest who still hope of being rewarded for supporting Umno. They are not nationalists and cannot be trusted.” According to Dr M, this leader intended to jump ship to PAS! — aliran

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

Martin Jalleh, do not gloss over the fact that the AP system and so many other wrongs were created by dr.Evil and also endorsed or continued by Pak Blah who also introduced Israeli and Singapore style FORCED MILITARY CONSCRIPTIONS backed with jail terms and fines which were rubber stamped by MPs still holding seats today. Does anyone know which MPs rubber stamped the military conscription into existence? Forced Military CO scriptions without Abstention options is unconstitutional and illegal especially when we do not even have EQUALITY and APARTHEID typified most laws and articles of Constitution.

Would Martin like to sometime address or run as a candidate on the below 3 items under 3rd Force or independent candidacy? Don’t write half-hearted articles if you love your country.

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

 

 

ARTICLE 6

Nomad Muslim contributed to Zul’s victory & I’m sorry — Nomad Muslim

MARCH 2 – 2010 — Dear Editor, I would appreciate if you publish this long but terribly important letter on Zulkifli Nordin, Umno, the Malays and the tragic state Malaysia finds itself in today. Thank you and may Allah (sw) bless you.

The letter:

I did contribute to Zulkifli’s victory and I’m sorry dear Malaysians

I’m a Muslim student in Malaysia from an African non-Muslim country. I have been here for a while to know much about this country.

Although I’m in the science stream, I follow the Malaysian political scene with fervour. In fact, foreign students particularly Muslims follow Malaysia’s sorry state with disgust and shock.

A nation we thought we could be proud of and sell to others including our countries, but unfortunately hell-bent on proving that God’s Grace can be a curse.

As Malaysia prepared for the now historic March 08 elections, we did whatever we could in our own simple ways of contributing to the Pakatan (later formed of course) groups particularly PAS and PKR.

Either we encouraged our Malay brethren whom we knew were registered to go and vote or at least help in disseminating the PAS and PKR political platforms and popularize their candidates. One such candidate was Nulkifli Nordin, a Reformasi stalwart.

Reading his blog then which was started in Feb 2008 was interesting. What a shameful metamorphosis indeed! In case he deletes it, we have captured it for posterity and Allah (sw) knows much more. Now here comes what I did.

On March 02, 6 days before the poll, as I went through Malaysian blogs, I came across damaging information against the UMNO candidate for KULIM Abdul Aziz Sheikh Fadzir published in the blog of former DAP MP James Wong, who linked to a statement issued by The Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall (KLSCAH).

The statement was carried by The Merdeka Review and it was in Chinese. I immediately alerted Zulkifli through email and a comment left at his blog. I also sent him the link to Lim Kit Siang’s reaction to what Abdul Azizi has done by threatening to burn down the KLSCAH in 2000.

By then, the people who were visiting his blog were very small in number. He was desperately popularizing his blog through Malaysia-Today, Harris Ibrahim and Zorro blogs which are of course very popular. But my information will change a lot. As I left the comment in his blog, I requested that his not publish my comment but act on its message. He heeded my call. To him, I was just a concerned “Malaysian” who was fighting with him (or for him?) to secure him a victory against Umno.

Zulkifli Nordin thanked me and on the same date that I alerted him published the KLSCAH information plus Lim Kit Siang’s press statement on Abdul Aziz Sheikh Fadzir’s antics. Using the photo provided by Merdeka Review, he added: Tolak budaya samseng and then wrote: (We thank you wanyama for alerting us on this news….).

Wanyama was the fake name I used to sign in. The reaction was swift. That particular entry was published in Malaysia today. I personally linked it to Harris Ibrahim’s blog and Zorro’s too through commenting in their blogs. 20 people including me commented on the entry and I wrote: “Well, I’m the one who rang the alarm bell. Mr Zulkifli, this is a big chance to awaken the Chineese. It should be printed today and made sure every Chinese voter gets it. It is politics of honesty, accountability, responsibility and good manners. UMNO samsengs have no such qualities no wonder they are threatening people with fire. How can such people be made MPs? Kulim voters, be they Chinese, Malays or Indian, reject samseng.”

Zulkifli who was struggling with the Chinese vote got a golden chance to awaken the Chinese in Kulim and distributed thousands of flyers over this “Extremist” UMNO man (to use his own words…how days change). This also proved fatal to UMNO. Desperate to defeat him, UMNO was distributing demonic CDs against Anwar Ibrahim in Kulim and Zulkifli was campaigning on the premise that he was a Reformasi man and that he was DSAI’s lawyer. Rather than continuing on its demonic spree against DSAI, UMNO in Kulim was put on the defensive and by March 06, it was clear that Zul was headed for an emphatic history.

UMNO tried to disqualify him 2 days to the polling date on the premise that he didn’t submit his Account Statement and he lodged a police report against the Returning Officer and also sent a scathing letter to The Star for publishing a report titled: “Question mark over Zulkifli” and demanded that it publishes his press statement. Later the EC clarified that he was eligible to contest. Note that UMNO wanted to act against him only after his chances of winning became clear and didn’t object to his candidacy on the nomination day as usual.

Then the DAY came and Zul went on to win the Kulim seat. His ranted against the evil, corrupt, extremist and disgraceful Umno (his words) and the people listened and voted for him. One day after the victory, a Mahathirist commentator who used the pen name: arb_ok wrote: “Assalamualaikum YB, Congratulations on your recent election as the people’s representative. On behalf of my friends from KL who went back all the way to Kulim just to vote you, we sincerely hope that you shall carry your new responsibilities to the fullest.

Please remember not to take the voters for granted. The Kulim folks are no longer awed by the BN. I personally hope that despite you winning on Keadilan ticket, you shall not pursue the cause of DSAI as he is a gone case. Please remember to serve the Kulim folks well and you shall be rewarded handsomely.

And I must let you know that my vote went to the candidate and not the party. I despise Keadilan for their struggle on Anwar. Largely the Kulim folks are not fond of Anwar but we were simply sick of the PM and his advisers.

Selamat berkhidmat. Wassalam and syabas YB.”

@Nomad Muslim responded to this rabid Mahathirist and defended Anwar, Zul and PKR as a “Malaysian” and I wrote:

“Dear arb_ok

Ass.wr.wb [[[ *** an NLP mispelt if anything *** ]]]

Your understanding is warped and your intellectual poverty is immense and heartrending that it needs attention. Let me address the issues that you have raised one by one.

1. You congratulated the new YB on his victory which is right. Then you went on to claim credit on behalf of your friends in KL. Well, you need to show the evidence that there were friends of yours who authorized you to speak on their behalf. I myself is from KL and went to vote in Kulim for Noordin. You said the new YB should carry his duties well since Kulim voters are no longer awed by BN. Agreed! But it is Malaysia which also is not awed by BN and its pussyfooters.

2. Then you addressed the new YB saying that he shouldn’t pursue the cause of DSAI since he is a gone case. It is here that I’m very interested in. first of all, what’s DSAI’s cause and who determines that cause? Secondly, how did you know that he was gone? Using which barometer? By what law, by what justice? Your calculation that you voted for the candidate but hates his party unearths your buffoonery since at the end of the day a candidate is voted on the basis of the ideals and manifestos of his/her party. Moreover, if Noordin is good, then it means the party that fielded him must have been good in the sense that it looked for the good people.

3. You wrote: “I despise Keadilan for their struggle on Anwar.” I must say that your hatred to Anwar the person has rendered you a buffoon beyond salvation point. This is because KeADILan is a party made of diverse people with diverse background driven by one goal: a better Malaysia. The fact that Anwar is part of that mass movement or party shouldn’t confuse you my dear. Yes, I can see you hate Anwar but Anwar even is not aware of your existence, so it will be civil and informed not to nag others about him as you are desperately doing here. Furthermore, the fact that KeADILan was formed after Anwar was jailed doesn’t make it an Anwar party. In any way, a party is borne at a given moment due to a certain political, economical or national cause at a given moment too, and therefore KeADILan’s birth at the height of the political assassination of DSAI doesn’t make the party bereft of any idea or its multifarious supporters and winners a hapless bunch of people wallowing in intellectual penury.

4. You said Kulim people are not fond of Anwar. Hehehe Which Kulim people are you talking about? It is just like how you said on behalf of KL friends. Mah! You are so cheap and condescending my dear. Your view and atavistic rage against Anwar can’t be said to be that of Kulim or its people. I’m sorry to inform you that Kulim is not you. Kulim has thousands of people with different ideas, perceptions, beliefs and orientations, therefore, your childish rants that the people of Kulim are anti-Anwar as if you are the Kulim itself makes your argument utterly naïve and ludicrous. Just say, as far as I’m concerned, ok? Thanks, wassalam.”

One may ask why all this trouble, well, we did all this to support the change and Malaysia’s prospect for a better tomorrow. We support the Islam of Tok Guru Nik Aziz (note I say Nik Aziz and not Ustadh Hadi) and the leadership of DSAI and now Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah. We did this in order to support the people we thought were conscientious enough to understand that there is a crying need for a new paradigm in this nation and the salvation of this outwardly glamorous nation but deeply rotten inside. We did this because we have seen how rotten the system is, how failed Malaysia is becoming and how defeatist culture and inherent opportunism is becoming the accepted norm.

In 2006, a friend from another country was arrested in Kedah while he was going to Thailand. He was informed that his visa had expired the previous day by the Kedah Immigration and then he was detained. A relative of his requested me to accompany him to Alor Star to visit the man. I did. What I saw was shocking. Rather than putting the man through due process, the Immigration men demanded RM10,000. And when we informed them that his case has already being taken to court, a lawyer from UiTM who was working with the Immigration men said this to me: “all this will be solved. Both the prosecutor and the judge are known to me and he will be released immediately provided you pay the amount”, and then he gave me his account number.

He was a treacherous man selling his motherland. He is a product of a corrupt system that’s hailed as a success. We wanted the likes of Zulkifli to do something for Kedah, Malaysia and all those who love this nation. And those petty Umnoputras who rant against the world for demanding a fair tribal for DSAI, it is because even poor foreign students know how corrupt Malaysia’s judiciary is. We are witness to it and the world knows much than you can imagine.

Like would a Malay(sian) student in the US would in all probability support Obama, or the same student in India would do a dig for the Congress, the overwhelming majority of foreign Muslim students in Malaysia unequivocally support Anwar Ibrahim. Make no mistake about it and we aren’t stupid about it. We also salute beloved Tok Guru Nik Aziz whose courage and fatigue represent the spirit of the nation. And we also salute the always urbane and truly patriotic Ku li. For me and many others, these three men (plus many others in the trenches) are the real patriots. A patriot is the one who demands the best of his/her nation, not a vile, tribal posturing, knife (keris) waving buffoon who can’t express himself in an intelligent way. These three men also have been victims of the system and they are ones who can only correct it.

For us, Zul was part of the true patriots. The man who accused his UMNO rival of extremism became its ugly and unacceptable face. There was no intellectual input from him on any issue, a typical Ibrahim Ali, only younger. The fact that Ibrahim Ali is a vile character who can bad mouth others isn’t a sign of patriotism and neither would his empty tribal rhetoric take the Malays to a new frontier. I have been observing Zul, and I must say I feel sorry that I did little to help him win an argument against a rival whom he embraces today betraying the men and women who struggled with him all along. May be the Arab saying that revolution eats its children is true.

In fact, the Malays are very strange people if not the strangest on earth. Say, if you work together and you disagree, they will become your enemies and even do unimaginable things to you simply because you parted ways. Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un.

They will also go to your “original” enemies simply to spite you but it is they who spiting their own souls and dignity. You can say they are a people who cut off their noses to spite their faces. Ya Allah! Take former PKR Secretary General Dato Salehuddin Hashim for example. The fact that he has had few disagreements with (may be) some PKR leaders, today, he wants to destroy the party! That’s his way of his struggle and reformasi. Reading his statements in the Malaysian Insider and The Edge yesterday reminded me of the Quranic verse: “And do not be like she who untwisted her spun thread after it was strong [by] taking your oaths as [means of] deceit between you because one community is more plentiful [in number or wealth] than another community. Allah only tries you thereby. And He will surely make clear to you on the Day of Resurrection that over which you used to differ.” (16: 92)

When Malaysian MPs were going to Korea two weeks ago, I was at KLIA leaving for my country-South Africa. As I waited for my flight and roamed the airport, I saw PKR MPs Zuraidah Kamaruddin and Kapar MP M. Manickavasagam, PAS MPs like Dr Hatta Ramli and Dr. Lo’lo Ghazali and some UMNO MPs. Zul was the loudest and the most uncouth. Wearing a tight jeans and a T-Shirt (infidel clothes I guess), he never even greeted the Pakatan MPs. He stuck with UMNO MPs and you could see him haughtily laughing from around the corner. Loudly speaking on the phone, you could think he was excited for flying. I almost wanted to talk to him, but some UMNO MPs guarded him and I was fearful knowing that I’m a foreigner even if a Muslim.

Definitely he was a trapped man, and a perfidious character devoid of God’s fear. I want to say this to Zul, dishonesty and betrayal of ideals and friends is not part of serving Islam. And Islam is not served by attacking private premises, bad mouthing others, tribalising its universal message and turning it into a base political tool. Islam is more than that my dear! One way of serving Islam is respecting your friends and comrades even if they are non-Muslims let alone Muslims and disagreements in ideas and ideologies in Islam is a mercy. If certain PKR leaders take a position and you take another, that’s a mercy unto you all. Don’t force others to take your position and don’t humiliate others and be conscious of God in Whose Court you shall answer alone. Your intentions should be for Him and remember God wants us to prove that we love Him by loving humanity.

Zul today wants PAS and PKR to severe ties with DAP but he thought it fit that he should use DAP support to win. He saw it fit to use Lim Kit Siang’s statement against his UMNO rival to get the overwhelming Chinese vote and today he talks as if UMNO gave him the seat. Any person with an iota of intelligence will tell you that Lim Kit Siang is more pro-Islam and Malay today than he was on March 07, 2008. Rather than capitalizing on that; and bringing the nation together and giving the Malays dignity and bringing to an end this heartrending mentality of: “we are sensitive people, (you mean others aren’t?), we will ran amok. We are weak, we need eternal crutches”, Zul is going back, back on anything good.

If he was a visionary leader, he would have understood that neither UMNO nor the current mentality will sustain the Malays. He would have taken his people to a new frontier much as they may hate it because a great leader takes his people where they DON’T want but aught to be while a leader (UMNO type) takes his people where they WANT. (Responding to base reactions, empty rhetoric and visionless politics devoid of God’s fear and based on brutal tactics).

Allah (sw) has been good to you Malays in many ways. He made you Muslims, He brought the Chinese and Indians to this country, if you doubt their benefit and contributions, ask others. Ask us! After Islam, the presence of the Chinese and Indians in this country is the greatest grace Allah (sw) has bestowed upon you Malays. He gave you a beautiful, an abundant nation. He gave you meek people who accept second class status and never demand much-the Sabah and the Sarawak Bumis. He gave you resources and a strategic place to call home. Rather than glorifying God and taking care of this nation, you cry daily, whine daily, threaten others daily, refuse to ask yourselves critical questions. Blame others, shame yourselves by repeatedly saying ‘we are weak, we are sensitive’ and defame Islam by using it as a tribal bomoh culture rather than a universal message.

You cry our “Allah”, since when did Allah become your tribal god? Please explains to us Muslims from the four corners of the earth why “Allah” is yours for example? You are not more Muslims than us. Are you? So tell us why? You won’t respond and if you do, it will be along the usual lines: “Our people will be confused.” All that you know is to say: our people are weak, our people are sensitive, our people are easily confused, and our people can easily run amok”. Is that’s how you prove your intelligence? Is that’s how you want others to respect you? Is that’s how you want Muslims in other countries to take your case and explain it to others? Is this is how you want to be viewed globally? My dear brethren, my dear Malays…till when? For us Muslims in other parts of the world, we know why! Unfortunately the people who are responsible for this tragic state are the same people who are leading you today and you never even stop for a moment to ask: where are we heading. May be you will wake up when you have already fallen to the pit!

Islam is not for Muslims alone. Non-Muslims can use Islam against us if they feel we aren’t being true to what we purport to believe in. If the Chinese and Indians say NEP is un-Islamic, that’s true. The Prophet (pbuh) would have decreed the same today. The Prophet (pbuh) would have issued a decree saying the poor Chinese and Indians should be given aid too. But a typical UMNO-Zulikifli type would respond: “We are sensitive, hak kita, ini bumi kita…we will use the keris… we will run amok…May 13” There won’t be a single intelligent response. An Islamic input, a humanist input, an economical input. It will be the same Ibrahim Ali and May 13 rhetoric. Not only you shame yourselves, you do that to those who love you because of Islam.

There is a crying need for the Malays to wake up and realize that business can’t be as usual. That protests don’t build a powerful community. They need to realize that Islam is for all and that UMNO’s tribal posturing will harm them more others and that the world isn’t waiting for them. You are being overtaken by all and sundry while you rant and rave, stuck in your own created quagmire. The Ibrahim Alis, demonic Utusan-undoubtedly Malaysia’s face of evil-, the Puad Zarkashis, The Alhabshees, BTN, and opportunist, inherently dishonest turncoats who can be bought for few Ringgits won’t help you in becoming a better people and a nation.

A man who can’t show your capability, but rather trades in your anguish, a man who sacrifices your future for political expediency, a man who doesn’t share with you the latest economic figures, research out, etc but sings a tribal song to you in order to inflame you and arouse your base emotions is not the one who will make you prosper and succeed in the Two World. You need intelligent leadership, a God fearing leadership, an honest leadership, true Malay leadership. You need Ku Li, Nik Aziz and DSAI. Allahuma Fashhad (O God be the witness).

“And that ears (that should hear the tale and) retain its memory should bear its (lessons) in remembrance.” Holy Qur’an 69: 13)

Wassalam!

Your brother from South Africa

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

Not only do the South Africans have hearts of Lions, they have souls of Lions. No economic cowardice and good intentions towards all races and faiths ! I have read that there is even a NEP favouring minorities like the Chinese who incidentally also have Chinatowns in South Africa. This favour is for minorities who settled BEFORE 1990! And we here in Malaysia are BEHIND South Africa the NEP favouring majority Malays since 1950s has been in place up to 2010 and the minorities have had no NEP or anything even up to now, and when we ask for :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

;the worst of the racist faction even threatens minorities merely asking for equality and social freedoms with riots ! Would the President of South Africa make a statement of denouncement of Malaysia’s BN’s legalisation of APARTHEID and PR’s inability to speak clearly on the same???

 

 

ARTICLE 7

The column that wasn’t – Marina Mahathir

MARCH 3 -2010 – When we want to compete with anyone in any field, we seek those who are better than us. And we keep going until finally we are recognised as the best.

For example, a tennis player starts at the unranked bottom and tries to play and win against better players until, finally, there is nobody to beat.

We do not, however, insist that everybody comes down to our level or to play badly in order for us to win.

This is what puzzles me about the syariah courts in our country. In 1988, a clause was inserted into our Constitution that has been interpreted as having erected a “Berlin Wall” between the syariah and the civil courts.

Basically, Article 121(1A) said “the courts referred to in Clause (1) shall have no jurisdiction in respect of any matter within the jurisdiction of the syariah courts.”  This has caused untold problems because real life sometimes dictates that some issues cross over both jurisdictions. But leave that aside for a moment.

Although the new clause did not say that the two separate courts were equal to one another, there are some people who are of the view that the syariah court is superior to the civil courts simply because syariah law is deemed of a higher order than civil laws.

This is because apparently God made syariah laws while mere human beings made the civil laws. Never mind the fact that human beings have been changing syariah laws over the years, for instance, by loosening laws that protected women from losing all their property to their divorced husbands.

Like other laws in this country, syariah laws have to be drafted, tabled and passed through our various lawmaking bodies, whether at the State or Federal levels. This process leaves a lot of human fingerprints all over them.

Civil laws are drafted, tabled and passed through Parliament. The difference is that at the tabling stage, they have to be debated before they are passed. The quality of the debate may be sometimes wanting but debated they are. This process provides some sort of ‘quality control’ over the laws so that they are hopefully current, reflect realities and are just.

The same does not hold true of syariah laws. When they get tabled at State Excos, non-Muslims do not participate because there is the notion that they cannot partake in any such debate.

That leaves only the Muslim Excos, few of whom are women. This means that if a bill affects women, the opinions of the female minority in the Exco can be ignored.

Furthermore, most people are ignorant about their religion and tend to leave these matters to those they believe know best. Thus if the State Mufti or religious adviser says it’s a good law, they are unlikely to challenge him. Thus are religious laws passed unscrutinised.

Until, that is, something happens, such as when someone gets convicted of a syariah crime and punishment is meted out. Who knew that people could get caned for drinking, or for having a baby out of wedlock until the recent cases of Kartika and the three women?

Not only are these laws not debated when they are being made, they can’t be debated afterwards either, unlike civil laws. To do so, according to some people, is akin to arguing with God. (There are, however, some who think that God welcomes such arguments just so that He can prove He is right).

If one believes that syariah laws are superior to civil laws, should they not be held to higher standards? Should they not be subjected to more rigorous debate than civil laws out of fear that they may be unjust? If syariah courts are deemed superior to civil courts, should not their processes be more transparent and efficient? How is it that there are innumerable women having to undergo tremendous suffering because syariah court orders to their divorced husbands to pay child maintenance cannot be enforced?

How is it also that we suddenly hear about women being caned without any information about the processes they went through? Did they have the benefit of legal representation and heard in an open court? If they did, who were their lawyers and what defence did they mount?

Surely the best court of law is one that strives for justice, which shows it is fair to all parties. In this case, on whose behalf was justice served?

I have no problems with syariah laws if their foundation is justice, equality and non-discrimination for all, even non-Muslims. But when their intent, processes and enforcement are unfair, they only give the impression that Islam is unjust and discriminatory. Surely to give such an image of Islam is a sin. – rantingsbymm.blogspot.com

* Marina Mahathir is a columnist with The Star which declined to publish this piece today.

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

Marina said : ” I have no problems with syariah laws if their foundation is justice, equality and non-discrimination for all, even non-Muslims. ” Sounds good. So what hasn’t Marina been able to endorse unambiguously :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

But for prevention of conflicts of interest and nepotism, no Malaysian should never vote for any party who would put Marina up for Prime Minister. They would do well to join any NGO run by Marina though, and that is the extent of a position a child or relative of a former PM, Minister, MP or Assembly man can expect to hold without endangering the people with an Oligarchy of politically embedded families.

See Tok Guru’s son-in-law and Pak Lah’s or dr.Evil’s sons (Marina’s brothers), note the difference. Leave the Nepotistic actions for the weak minded sycophants and political opportunists in waiting to shame themselves with. Down with the political family Oligarchs !

 

 

ARTICLE 8

Rais claims PKR on verge of collapse – 4 Mar 2010

Mohsin announced his resignation from PKR this morning, citing concerns over the party’s stand on the “Allah” row. — Bernama pic

PUTRAJAYA, March 3 — Information Communication and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim is convinced that Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) will fold in the wake of resignations by many of its members.

He said this trend had been expected and it was now becoming a popular topic. He said this after attending a special briefing by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) on the Universal Service Provider, here today.

He was asked to comment on a series of defections by several of the party leaders lately. Rais said the reason was obvious because the party’s policies were not based on the struggles for the people or to bring improvement to the country.

“It is based on the ambition of someone who wants to be the prime minister. It is also based on family politics because the party leader comes from a particular family. I don’t have to mention any name.

“The members are probably feeling restless. We hope the people in Penang will come to a conclusion and make their final consideration in the near future,” he said.

When asked whether the PKR was in the midst of collapsing, he said it was clear that the party had lost the direction of its struggles as well as its capability to contribute to the growth of democracy that had built our society.

He advised the public to study the purpose and objectives of a particular political party before joining it.

The PKR today lost another elected representative when the Member of Parliament (MP) for Bagan Serai, Mohsin Fadzli Samsuri, announced that he was leaving the party.

Mohsin said he had lost confidence in the struggles and political objective of the PKR and the Pakatan Rakyat (PR).

He was following the footsteps of the Bayan Baru MP, Datuk Seri Zahrain Mohamed Hashim, and the MP for Nibong Tebal, Tan Tee Beng, as well as former Penang deputy chief minister I, Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin, who had left the party.

Meanwhile in Ipoh, Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir said he was not surprised by Mohsin’s resignation from PKR as it had been expected.

Everyone already knew that the party was facing problems but the party leaders were still trying to hide it, he told reporters after chairing the weekly State Exco meeting, here today.

Zambry, who is also Perak Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman, said that as usual, the opposition parties would quickly point their fingers at Umno as being involved.

“They will quickly accuse us…they will say that Umno is behind their internal problems,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Perak PR leaders described the reasons given by Mohsin Fadzli to leave the PKR as weak.

Former Perak mentri besar, who is also the MP for Bukit Gantang, Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin, said the complaint on the use of the word “Allah” which had been ignored by the PKR leadership should not be made the reason for the resignation.

Perak DAP chairman, who is also the Beruas MP, Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham, said discussions had always been the basis for cooperation within PR and Mohsin could have used this channel fully.

Perak DAP secretary, who is also the Taiping MP, Nga Kor Ming, however, said the move by the opposition MPs who had left PR would make the pact stronger after this.

Meanwhile, the Perak PAS Youth movement called on Mohsin to resign as the MP for Bagan Serai because he had betrayed the mandate given by the people who had elected him as the PR representative for the constituency in the last general election.

Its vice-head, Salman Salleh said the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission should also begin investigation to check whether there was any element of corruption involved in Mohsin’s resignation from the PKR. — Bernama

[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]

“It is based on the ambition of someone who wants to be the prime minister. It is also based on family politics because the party leader comes from a particular family. I don’t have to mention any name.”

All MPs hope to be PM, so that point doesn’t count. Based on family politics? Look at cousins Naj-Hish, dr.Evil father of Mucky and that shipping fellow, Pk Blah and KJ, Sammy and son Paari. Gerakan killed itself through Nepotism and MCA  to a degree as well.

While Anwar and family, Kit and Eng are inappropriate from close family ties we cannot judge them until they have won GE13 and have the luxury of applying strict anti-nepotistic principles to themselves, though Tok Guru has shown everyone the ethical way by asking his son-in-law Ariffahmi to step down from PMBK, something the greedy and corrupt BN faction would never do.

They do have reasons to be closely related FOR NOW. They have been prosecuted and hounded by authorities in a most unfair way and are part of the Opposition which has no access to the monies used to buy off corruptible MPs. What excuse has BN got for the presence of family members throughout it’s ranks?

Rais has been subsumed by UMNO racist faction’s polemic, and despite his intelligence and former experiences in Semangat 46 fails to see the value of :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

;which could see the re-assimilation of Singapore via the 13 point plan proposed in the below group :

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=318515515322&_fb_noscript=1

Does Rais not wish the best for his fellow man by ensuring a holistic form of governance that is impossible under BN’s current paradigms of 3rd world governance?

Gargamel from Smurfs 2011 (directed by Raja Gosnell)

Rais Yaatim

Rais de Giles

Other random comments circa 2010 :

Look at the richest Malays in the country, it is the brother of the prime minister, the son of a former prime minister and the son-in-law of another former prime minister,” he said, referring to banker Datuk Seri Nazir Razak, entrepreneur Datuk Mokhzani Mahathir and Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin respectively.A society that gives non-meritorious scholarships to children from wealthy families, hefty discounts to millionaire purchasers of expensive bagalows on the basis of their race fails to uphold true democracy.

Hopefully the police will see that, if not for the Opposition presence/threat, their salaries could easily have been lowered instead of being raised. As long as democracy is healthy in Malaysia, rather than a One-Party regime, salaries for government servants and services for civilians and private sector will improve. If one party dominates everything, expect the corrupted politician to skim of even the salaries of the bureaucrat, police, healthcare, education, military and god knows what else. This is simple bribery, don’t be too impressed with that, make sure there is a healthy bi-partisan political scene so conditions can improve for everyone and just do your job in a neutral manner favouring the Rakyat instead of any political coalition.

Singapore’s Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew is not a good example of statesmanship for all the wrongs he committed in the name of ‘the people’s good’. Nepotism and Crypto-Monarchy are ills that will bring down any great nation, much less excepting soon to be re-assimilated Singapore. Lim Mun must be on someone’s payroll or is just not sharp enough to notice the rot in Singapore and its’ self proclaimed leaders.

Singapore has survived so far because the judgment of our Malay leaders have succumbed to a lack of right mindedness in endorsing failed paradigms of apartheid, Zionist style fascism and extremism. There will be 1 jumping corpse in the pages of Singaporean history and another in Malaysian history. Be certain that any right minded historians will ensure that these 2 particular corpses will leap over buildings in a single bound for all eternity in Mankind’s records . . .

To Tengku Razaleigh :

Any hearing or punishment will be a sham, Tengku should not tolerate this nonsense and haul up dr.Evil for the AP-System, Toll Concessions and even take those responsible for Forced Military Conscriptions backed with jail terms and fines to task. Maybe Semangat 46 should be revived and stand as an independent party as a possible leader of any Third Coalition of minor parties outside BN or PR.

Third Coalition could side with PR in effecting :

1) Freedom from Apartheid/Fascism
2) Freedom from Religious-Persecution/Religious-Supremacy.
3) Equality for all ethnicities and faiths in all aspects of policy, Law and Constitution.

;and yet reconcile and perhaps rehabilitate the displaced UMNO politicians to the nations benefit. The idea of a mass of unruly and severely corrupted former embedded politicians running around sabotaging the nation possibly as criminals or political terrorists buying up rubberstamp politicians to cause more firebombing or corrupt local police and even councilmen for their own profit is not something any citizen would like and is no better than UMNO and it’s lapdogs in either case.

Tengku, time to blaze your own trail maybe?

Advertisements
  1. Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to return the choose?
    .I am attempting to in finding things to improve my website!
    I suppose its ok to use some of your concepts!
    !

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: