1. Abolishment of Forced Military Conscriptions (i.e. without Abstention Clauses, or backed with punitive fines and prison terms)
2. Abolishment of Eminent Domain Powers, ALL private properties – will automatically have an Allodial Title option. Abolishment of invasive municipal by-laws, i.e. no premission is required to build an awning or a staircase or a basement or for additional floors, additional floors can be limited to 3 times height of the typical unit (i.e. to keep density low).
3. Disallowing members of Parliament and Assemblymen and Cabinet, or within any political party or NGO or labour Union from holding a seat or committee post for more than two 4-year terms OR having their children or relatives take up posts they held or to hold parallel posts to prevent blocs of family members forming. Any beyond these terms will be not just benched but expelled the political establishment. This ensures distribution of political power aming citizens. (i.e. a Minister ignores a death or makes statements that are callous about the death that occured in a district . . . voters in the district can withdraw their vote immediately, with the next most popular candidate-in-waiting for taking over, nationally if enough voters withdraw support for the Minister (instead of collusive MPs), the Minister loses his job.
4. All members of Parliament and Assemblymen and Cabinet must be voted at 66.6% quorums by the entire population at a ‘one-man one-vote’ level appropriate to district, state or national level depending on the seat.
5. A constant state of election where that anyone may change support or withdraw support of their vote, replaces the typical once per 4 year vote. This ensures any abuse of power or bad laws approved will immediately be retaliated against by the voters instead of only 4 years later when irrevocable damage has been done to the economy.
6. Sequestration of maximum wealth and personal assets may not exceed 1000 times average national wage or 20 million in local currency, whichever is lower. Private land sequestration of the wealthy may not exceed 100 times subsistence requirement. Food production business related land use is unlimited.
7. Eye for eye tooth for tooth justice system. Prison contractors or imprisonment paradigm abolished – prison is only for people who imprison.
8. Population is to be maintained at levels (i.e. no immigration or sale of citizenships allowed) where the country is able to feed it’s citizens without import of food. Agriculture must be kept at levels that can feed the current population.
9. Tertiary education may not cost more than 10 times average wage. Medical education being a necessity and to cutr down costs of healing will be free. There must be sufficient educational facilities for all persons.
10. Social welfare. Free Hi Rise Housing of a size of 1000 sqft (Single), 1500 sqft (Couple/married) with additional 500 sq ft for each additional child, is to be provided for all citizens of age. BASIC Staple foods are entirely free and distributed at state funded offices. Landed properties are bought at own cost. By law, developers may not develop properties of sizes smaller than above detailed – sale of basic single units may not exceed average national wage. Developers have to pay the local citizens ‘Loss of Quality of Life’ fees fo every category of density raised in any local community due to high density housing. 30% of any project should be green lung to prevent heat-sink concrete jungles from forming that ultimately harm the environment.
11. All privacy invasive technologies (bugging devices, hidden cameras, smart meters, anything affecting thought or consciousness) are to be licenced, removed from ownership by civilians and may not be sold to civilians. Use to monitor criminals may be done in a transparent manner with records accessible to accountable government registered professionals.
12. Right to ‘negative freedoms’ such as gaming, adult services, organic psychedelics (synthetics are poisonous and cause brain damage and thus are disallowed) where religion does not prohibit AND in suitable districts or enclosed dedicated districts.
13. Right to bear arms and any military vehicles of any type (i.e. it is legal to buy a tank or warship, crew at civilian’s own cost). Weapons, equipment and maintainance of weapons will be at civilian cost. The state will no longer fund a police or a military, EXCEPT where insufficient volunteers and militias occur AND if there is a FORMAL threat of war (the real battle will be fought by the media to maintain peace, warmongers doubtless will try to create conditions where funding of military or police is necessary), a census of volunteer/samaritans/retirees (who will be subject to a psyche check to determine the type of weapons allowed) will be taken daily.
i) The state will however host police and military drills and coordination exercises for volunteering civilians with weapons. Volunteers to uniformed services will NOT receive any pay and will be required to register on a roster and be on time for shifts of 1 hour minimum.
ii) Highest hour volunteers will be given promotions but will still remain unpaid and ENTIRELY self-funded right down to the uniform and medals awarded for any worthy actions (they will pay for their own medals). This will abolish military and police costs, a self policing population will occur. Paramilitaries are also allowed at own cost.
iii) With the savings from removal of uniformed military and police, a welfare state for the elderly, the poor or trhe sick, even for soup kitchens can be funded properly.
iv) Damages arising from firing or weapons in public places . Where weapons may cost too much damage in certain areas or the person in question will not be able to afford damages), weapons may be disallowed (i.e. missile launchers or tanks not allowed in city areas unless the owner can afford to pay for any discharge damages). In the event of loss of life, equal number of livee lost, may be extracted starting with the person firing the weapon (this is a strong deterrent, if anyone dies – the firer must die in turn by the hand of nearest relatives or pardoned if they so choose) tracing relatives in the event of multiple deaths – (i.e. mass killings result in mass retaliations AGAINST the family members of the firer). This is better than jailing at cost to the taxpayer.
Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen Approved by the National Assembly of France, August 26, 1789
(nominally the Magna Carta 2.0 but probably the UNHCR Beta . . . ) Tuesday, 07 February 2012 Super Admin NO HOLDS BARRED Raja Petra Kamarudin
Malaysians in general, Malaysia Today readers included, do not appear to understand the meaning of democracy, equality, freedom, and the rights of man and of the citizens. That is why most look at rights from only one side of the coin. Before you scream about rights and respect of these rights, maybe you can read what was passed in France on 26 August 1789. Then start debating, or else you will appear very shallow and narrow-minded in your views.
The representatives of the French people, organized as a National Assembly, believing that the ignorance, neglect, or contempt of the rights of man are the sole cause of public calamities and of the corruption of governments, have determined to set forth in a solemn declaration the natural, unalienable, and sacred rights of man, in order that this declaration, being constantly before all the members of the Social body, shall remind them continually of their rights and duties; in order that the acts of the legislative power, as well as those of the executive power, may be compared at any moment with the objects and purposes of all political institutions and may thus be more respected, and, lastly, in order that the grievances of the citizens, based hereafter upon simple and incontestable principles, shall tend to the maintenance of the constitution and redound to the happiness of all.
Therefore the National Assembly recognizes and proclaims, in the presence and under the auspices of the Supreme Being, the following rights of man and of the citizen:
1 Men are born and remain free and equal in rights. Social distinctions may be founded only upon the general good. [[[ *** No bumi, non-bumi dichotomy ya? *** ]]]
2 The aim of all political association is the preservation of the natural and imprescriptible rights of man. These rights are liberty, property, security, and resistance to oppression.
3 The principle of all sovereignty resides essentially in the nation. No body nor individual may exercise any authority which does not proceed directly from the nation.
5 Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of each man has no limits except those which assure to the other members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These limits can only be determined by law. [[[ ****This means the humans who are part of the legal fraternity? Note that the LAW is not written in stone and can be changed where required or where obviously flawed or impinging on social freedoms. *** ]]]
6 Law can only prohibit such actions as are hurtful to society. Nothing may be prevented which is not forbidden by law, and no one may be forced to do anything not provided for by law.
7 Law is the expression of the general will. Every citizen has a right to participate personally, or through his representative, in its foundation. It must be the same for all, whether it protects or punishes. All citizens, being equal in the eyes of the law, are equally eligible to all dignities and to all public positions and occupations, according to their abilities, and without distinction except that of their virtues and talents. [[[ *** No bumi, non-bumi dichotomy ya? *** ]]]
8 No person shall be accused, arrested, or imprisoned except in the cases and according to the forms prescribed by law. Any one soliciting, transmitting, executing, or causing to be executed, any arbitrary order, shall be punished. But any citizen summoned or arrested in virtue of the law shall submit without delay, as resistance constitutes an offense. [[[ *** Don’t like this subjugative and accusatory language – submit? How about COOOPERATE. Resistance? People resist all the time. How about SABOTAGE? *** ]]]
9 The law shall provide for such punishments only as are strictly and obviously necessary, and no one shall suffer punishment except it be legally inflicted in virtue of a law passed and promulgated before the commission of the offense.
10 As all persons are held innocent until they shall have been declared guilty, if arrest shall be deemed indispensable, all harshness not essential to the securing of the prisoner’s person shall be severely repressed by law.
11 No one shall be disquieted on account of his opinions, including his religious views, provided their manifestation does not disturb the public order established by law. [[[ *** Facing this everyday . . . surrounded by mob mentality minded peasants. *** ]]]
12 The free communication of ideas and opinions is one of the most precious of the rights of man. Every citizen may, accordingly, speak, write, and print with freedom, but shall be responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law. [[[ *** Who defines? *** ]]]
13 The security of the rights of man and of the citizen requires public military forces. These forces are, therefore, established for the good of all and not for the personal advantage of those to whom they shall be intrusted. [[[ *** Nonsense collusion, read no. 13 of my article above : Magna Carta 2.0 : https://malaysiandemocracy.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/ideas-for-a-worldwide-magna-carta-2-0-by-agreetodisagree-6th-january-2012/*** ]]]
14 A common contribution is essential for the maintenance of the public forces and for the cost of administration. This should be equitably distributed among all the citizens in proportion to their means.
15 All the citizens have a right to decide, either personally or by their representatives, as to the necessity of the public contribution; to grant this freely; to know to what uses it is put; and to fix the proportion, the mode of assessment and of collection and the duration of the taxes. [[[ *** Abolish all taxes for the poor. *** ]]]
16 Society has the right to require of every public agent an account of his administration. [[[ *** Transparency and Right of Information Laws *** ]]]
A society in which the observance of the law is not assured, nor the separation of powers defined, has no constitution at all.
17 Since property is an inviolable and sacred right, no one shall be deprived thereof except where public necessity, legally determined, shall clearly demand it, and then only on condition that the owner shall have been previously and equitably indemnified. [[[ *** The organic version would have Allodial property inviolate so that the contours of the city will be built around the contours of the land owned by citizens See Note 1 until the owner decided to sell the property off without coercion, which is implied AGAINST by the portion on ‘public necessity’ – *every* citizen is the PUBLIC (no citizens means no public), their privacy and ownership is NECESSITY itself – you’re not shilling for the MRT bunch now are you RPK?) *** ]]]
This document was written by Marquis de Lafayette, with help from his friend and neighbor, American envoy to France, Thomas Jefferson.
[[[ *** RESPONSE *** ]]]
No holds barred eh? Just 1 very big hold RPK, not even in Malaysia or running as a candidate . . . (also RPK’s too damn WHITE . . . warn to remove this part if any feel lawsuit inclined a$$es begin to itch . . .)
This one’s for Malaysia’s dinosaur politicians :
“ . . . contrary to what the left’s relativist ideology says, for us, all civilisations are not of the same value”. “Those which defend liberty, equality and fraternity, seem to us superior to those who accept tyranny, the subservience of women, social and ethnic hatred . . . ” Interior Minister Claude Guéant (5th February 2012)